A diamond ring, for many, is the investment of a lifetime. You’ll want to keep your piece looking great. The good news is that diamonds themselves are fairly resilient. After all, they’re the hardest stone on Earth. However, the setting is made of softer material, typically gold or platinum. Here are a few tips for diamond care including preventing damage and how to keep your ring looking great.
Tips For Caring Your Diamond Rings
The best way to care for your ring is to prevent issues down the line. Some great tips here include:
- Taking the ring off when you’re doing tough work like contact sports.
- Wearing gloves if you’re using cleaning products like bathroom cleaner.
- Carefully detangle your ring, don’t yank, if it gets snagged on something like a sweater.
- If you notice the prongs are sticking out or the stone seems loose, get it professionally serviced as soon as possible.
Diamond Jewelry Cleaning Tips
You can always get your ring professionally cleaned. In between those sessions, here’s how to keep it looking great:
- Take the ring off and use a mild solution of soap (like dish soap or shampoo) and warm water.
- Avoid moisturizing soaps which could leave an oily film.
- Soak the ring for 10 minutes and wash it with a soft cloth.
- To get into crevices, use a soft toothbrush.
- You can also use a quick dip product that’s specially designed to clean jewelry for you. Follow the instructions carefully.
Diamond Care and More in Reno NV
Now that you know a little bit about diamond care in Reno NV, would you like to further your diamond education? At Michael and Son’s Jewelers in Reno NV, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about this remarkable stone. Contact us or drop by our store today to learn more about our jewelry services in Reno NV.